PINTEREST PERFECT is the first book of its kind to offer crafts for readers from across the social networking site. This stunning new book features the artwork, projects, and inspirational designs of talented artists and crafters, each of whom enjoys a sizeable fan base in the digital space and elsewhere.
DESIGN YOUR OWN “PINSPIRATION” USING ARTS & CRAFTS TECHNIQUES FOUND ON PINTEREST!
Creative prompts & pin-worthy projects inspired by the artistic community of Pinterest
by Melissa Edghill and Amanda Wright
Pinterest is one of the fastest-growing social media sites among creative professionals and arts & crafts enthusiasts. Designed to emulate the clean, elegant aesthetic Pinterest users love and recognize, PINTEREST PERFECT! [Walter Foster Publishing, May 2014, $19.95 US/$21.95 CAN] by Marisa Edghill and Amanda Wright is the epitome of “Pinspiration”.
This stunning new book features the artwork, projects, and inspirational designs of talented artists and crafters, each of whom enjoys asizeable fan base in the digital space and elsewhere. Thoughtfully divided into easy-to-digest sections, this captivating guidebook inspires readers to learn various techniques in an interactive and engaging format, including:
- Step-by-step tutorials to guide readers through easy-to-follow projects and crafting techniques.
- Open practice pages at the end of each section for readers to engage in brainstorming, sketching and collecting other inspiration.
- Art tips and crafting techniques on various mediums, including drawing, painting, illustration, mixed media, typography, andpapercrafts.
- Useful sidebars throughout share tips for using Pinterest efficiently and effectively as a hobbyist and professional artist.
- Guidelines for creating a virtual artist group, collaborating with others on community boards, using boards to promote a business or share a portfolio, and much, much more.
One part Inspiration, one part “how-to”, and filled to the brim with color and beautiful artwork,PINTEREST PERFECT!is the picture-perfect visual resource for any artist, crafter, or creative Pinterest enthusiast.
Marisa Edghill is a writer, crafter, and shopkeeper living in Toronto, Ontario. Her love of Japan and its phenomenal shopping led her to open Omiyage.ca - a sweet online shop specializing in cute and crafty things from Japan and beyond. She can be found here and there on the Internet crafting up a storm but mainly on her blog “OmiyageBlogs”. Marisa loves pretty paper, afternoon tea, the smell of the ocean and flip flops. (http://www.omiyageblogs.ca)
Amanda Wright is a self-proclaimed design nerd, and the girl behind the shop Wit & Whistle, which offers witty greeting cards and whistle worthy paper goods-all designed and illustrated by Amanda. She lives with her husband in a quirky A-frame house in Cary, North Carolina, with their two dogs, Oliver and Mabel. When she's not inventing new goodies for her shop, Amanda tries to make sure life is brimming with creative moments by filling sketchbook pages, dreaming up DIY projects, decorating her home, getting dirt under her fingernails in the garden, and dabbling in photography. (http://www.witandwhistle.com)
Contributing artists include (Flora) Chia Jung Chang, GemmaCorrell, Khristian A Howell,Molly Jacques, Ronda Palazzari, andJamielynNye.