How to celebrate Fourth of July in Louisville, KY!
Are you getting excited about the sights, sounds, tastes and smells of Independence Day festivities yet? We've got you covered with a guide to local activities in Louisville, KY with options for all ages this 4th of July! Check out all the incredible opportunities to have fun and fellowship with family and friends below!
Festivities happening on Sunday, July 3rd:
- There is a Louisville Bats baseball game on July 3rd along with a fireworks show. Fireworks show begins right after the game. Louisville Slugger Field is located at:
401 E Main St, Louisville, KY 40202 *Phone:(502) 212-2287
- Waterfront seats to watch fireworks sounds fun, right? Check out this incredible combo of fun and delightful activities for the whole family to enjoy at the Louisville, KY waterfront! Fun begins at 5pm! Located on the Great Lawn by the Waterfront! Festivities fueled by the Thorntons!
- Louisville Orchestra + Callie Day, Houndmouth and more! Louisville Orchestra will be presenting an interactive concert starting at 8:30pm at the waterfront.
- Kids and families can enjoy all sorts of exciting activities through the Fifth Third Family Fun Zone! Per the official website: “Families are encouraged to bring one recyclable item from home (example: a plastic water bottle), which will be transformed into a keepsake musical instrument. Children will later be invited to use their newly-made musical instruments to join in with the Louisville Orchestra as part of the Fifth Third Landfill Orchestra. Other family activities will be provided by the Kentucky Science Center, Kentucky Museum of Arts and Craft, Friends of the Waterfront, WUOL’s Summer Listening Program, The Boys and Girls Club of Kentuckiana, and the Jug Band Jubilee, among others. These activities will occur from 5-8pm.” (Get more details here: http://louisvillewaterfront.com/plan-your-visit/calendar/lowf3rd/)
- Want a more romantic setting to view fireworks? There's a river cruise on July 4th to view fireworks too! Try the Belle of Louiseville Fireworks Sightseeing Cruise:
Sunday, July 3rd, 2016 climb aboard the historic Belle of Louisville fireworks sightseeing cruise! Please purchase tickets way in advance as seats may not be available the day of. This cruise boards at 8:00pm and cruises from 8:30 - 10:30 pm. Return to the wharf is dependent upon when the fireworks end. Tickets are $25 each for adults and children. (http://www.belleoflouisville.org/calendar_event.html?id=9730)
Festivities happening on July 3rd and July 4th:
- Another exciting opportunity is the 2016 Crescent Hill Community Festival Event! This event is being held Sunday and Monday, July 3rd and 4th, from 10am - 10pm on the Grounds of the Peterson-Dumesnil House, 301 S. Peterson Ave.
- Fireworks at 10:00 pm on the 4th of July at this event location (http://www.crescenthill.us/fourth-of-july)
- Activities include: 85 Juried Artists’ Booths, Live Music, Children’s Fun Zone, Food Court, Cake Booth, Pet Contest, Silent Auction and more.
- Free Parking at the Seminary parking lot on Grinstead Drive with a free trolley ride to the grounds (1:00pm – 10:00pm). There is also a Bike Rack available but be advised to bring your own lock.
To get more specifics of what's being included during this Festival, please visit these sites:
- Cake Wheel (http://www.crescenthill.us/fourth-of-july/cake-wheel)
- Art Fair (http://www.crescenthill.us/fourth-of-july/art-fair)
- Music Festival (http://www.crescenthill.us/fourth-of-july/music-festival)
- Get full details on the entire Fourth of July Schedule for Crescent Hill Community Festival. (http://www.crescenthill.us/fourth-of-july/schedule)